What a fantastic article from the pages of Real Trends. I couldn’t agree more!
Why do we tend to take something simple and complicate it? Selling real estate is comprised of these four basic steps:
1. Consistently find people that need to buy or sell.
2. Provide them with excellent service.
3. Tell the world you did it.
4. Repeat steps 1-3.
The complications come when we do the following:
- Skip lead generation, lead follow up, customer service, marketing and education because we fail to make a schedule.
- Limit ourselves to only one or two Sources of Business for Point No. 1 above or have so many sources we don’t know what we’re doing each day.
- Don’t create a simple Plan for finding prospects in each of our identified Sources of Business, or don’t work the plan.
- Don’t properly Educate Sellers in pricing. So, rather than selling right away we’re stuck trying to keep sellers happy, as we struggle with people who have unrealistic expectations.
- Don’t properly Educate Buyers in counseling, pre-qualifying and setting the proper expectations, causing too much time spent showing them homes they won’t buy.
- Don’t implement effective and efficient Business checklists and Systems for every aspect of Point No. 2.
Skip step 3 altogether, confusing Ego with Marketing.
We recommend you print this list and figure out where you’re complicating your business. Get back to these basics. Work a schedule, use good systems, educate yourself and your clients, and your business will prosper!